Thursday, July 21, 2011

What I Wore

For the better part of the summer, my darling daughter, Ms. L., has been back east either visiting the bf in the south (Wrong!  Apparently it is called the "Mid-Atlantic") or attending her MFA summer semester in New England--and as a California cream puff, she's definitely learned all about that sticky phenomenon known as humidity!

Well, now she's back (yay!) in the land of fog and gentle breezes, and I asked her if she like to spend an evening with her mama in the city.  Yep!  So, I promptly made reservations for us to attend the book party of one of my favorite style bloggers, Jessica Quirk of What I Wore, which was held tonight at the Azalea Boutique in San Francisco.

It was a perfect evening.  I met her after work for an early dinner at Pluto's in the Marina District.  After we stuffed ourselves on their yummy salads and made a brief stop to pick up some books at the main library--where hoards of interestingly dressed people were lined up to see Soundgarden at the nearby Bill Graham Civic Auditorium--we headed a few blocks over to the Azalea Boutique.

I don't know if you are familiar with Jessica Quirk.  Her blog, What I Wore, chronicles her daily outfits--and has done so for a number of years.  She thrifts, refashions, sews, etc., and by following her passion, she now has a book out, named after her blog, subtitled Four Seasons, One Closet, Endless Recipes for Personal Style.  Quite an inspiration!  She was very gracious (and gorgeous); she made it a point to engage in conversation with each guest.  We bought a copy of her book and she very kindly autographed it, after which we perused the clothing choices that the boutique had to offer.

All in all, it was a fun evening.  Of course, I always have fun with Ms. L!

Happy Sewing  ~ Peggy

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy having your daughter back home! It sounds like a great night out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my blog :) I haven't come across Jessica Quirk before but I'm glad you flagged her up as she definitely sounds like one to watch! and it's good to know she is lovely in person too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable night out. I have a great time whenever I get together with my DD too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comment on my dress, and for introducing me to your blog - I was just going to read your latest couple of posts but I ended up reading all the way back to the start - I love what you're making and will be back to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to spend an evening and thanks for sharing Jessica's link.

    ReplyDelete