Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jalie 2910 - An Homage to Mondo

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on my last couple projects!  It was interesting to learn that quite a few of you use home dec fabrics for apparel sewing.  I just purchased another piece to whip up into a skirt.  Also, I had never heard of Sevier Skirts (thank you Goodbye Valentino!); I checked out their website--what a great concept (although it makes me happy that I can replicate one of their looks for less than $5!).  I wish I had thought of this business!

In my snatches of sewing time this week, I made Jalie 2910,  a faux-wrap top, in a mod print jersey purchased from Best Online Fabrics (eBay) and trimmed with hot pink and black houndstooth knit from Joann's.  The flower print reminds me of Mary Quant.



If you watch Project Runway, you'll undoubtedly remember Mondo; he is also on the current Project Runway All Stars.  I'm calling this top my homage to Mondo because of his use of bright colors and tendency to mix prints.

I made the sleeveless version and raised the neckline to make sure the girls had sufficient coverage.  The instructions were easy to follow, and the fit is great.  I also love that this pattern ranges in size from a size 2 (toddler) to 22 (women's).

 Well, I was going to show a full-torso shot, but I can't seem to upload any more photos!  Nuts.

Anywho, it's a gloriously sunny day here in Marin County.  Time for a walk--followed by laundry and, hopefully, a little sewing!  How about you?  Any special plans for today?


Happy sewing! ~ Peggy

4 comments:

  1. Peggy,
    This top is adorable and I can't wait to see the full torso shot! The fabric is so cute!
    I'm glad you checked out Sevier Skirts - true inspiration for skirt afficianodos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. Love what you have done with the binding. Great job.

    ReplyDelete