Wednesday, April 3, 2013

First Top for the Sew Along

Here is my first top for Faye's sew along challenge.  It is Vogue 8323, View C, and I made it from a rayon double knit in "Barbie Pink" from Gorgeous Fabrics.  This is my third time sewing this pattern, but the other two (here and here) are View A with long sleeves.  The neck is too low to wear without a cami, but I like the way it looks over a crisp white shirt.  This is an easy sew, but although I love the feel and color of the fabric, it probably wasn't the right choice for this top.

I used the coverstitch to finish the sleeves, neckline, and hem.  All seams were sewn on my regular machine and the seam allowances were trimmed and finished on the serger.
I like the princess seaming on this top, but I prefer the neckline on View A.  This one is just a little too low for my comfort.


I hope all is well in your world!  Until next time, happy sewing!
~ Peggy

15 comments:

  1. Love your top - the colour is very pretty. Nice fit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that top and it's color. Thank you again for participating Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye, for hosting the sew along!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Many thanks, Coco! I've enjoyed seeing all the fabulous creations you've made on your blog!

      Delete
  4. Pretty, pretty pink! Great fit too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty top and like the fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just perfect! Perfect fit and perfect colour, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful top and the color is gorgeous.. It is really pretty over the white shirt..

    ReplyDelete